7 Little Words
Blue Ox Technologies Ltd.
Based in Maine, USA
May 5, 2011
If you enjoy word games, you'll love 7 Little Words! It's fun, challenging, and easy to learn. Each puzzle consists of 7 clues, 7 mystery words, and 20 letter groups. Find the mystery words by deciphering the clues and combining the letter groups.
7 Little Words is a puzzle invented in 2011 by Christopher York. Its unique format distills the best elements of crosswords, word finds, and anagram games, and blends them into bite-sized puzzles perfect for short bursts of fun.
Originally conceived as an electronic game for mobile devices, 7 Little Words has been downloaded more than 10,000,000 times by puzzle fans, young and old alike. It reached the #2 position on the iTunes App Store Games chart in the United States and #1 in Australia. It has also received media attention, including a mention in O, The Oprah Magazine.
Following the successful release of 7 Little Words, Blue Ox launched 7 Petits Mots (August 2011) and 7 Palabritas (April 2012) for puzzle fans fluent in French or Spanish. Spanish puzzles are now available in the flagship app, 7 Little Words.
But 7 Little Words is more than an electronic gaming phenomenon. Its simplicity and wide appeal has enabled an easy transition to print. Through a partnership with media syndication leader Universal Uclick, 7 Little Words is now appearing in newspapers across the U.S. including the Miami Herald and the Detroit Free Press. 7 Little Words paperbacks are available from Andrews McMeel Publishing.
Awards & Recognition
- 4 Apps to Help You Play Smarter O, The Oprah Magazine, September 2011
- 2nd Place, Best Brain and Puzzle Game, Android 2013 Best App Ever Awards
- 3rd Place, Best Word Game, iOS 2013 Best App Ever Awards
- Honorable Mention, Best Educational Game 2011 Best App Ever Awards
- "Mindblowing…It is a great game." — Alex Albrecht, The Totally Rad Show
- "7 Little Words is one of those games that's super easy to play but fiendishly difficult to master." — Mike Schramm, TUAW
- "7 Little Words is a challenging, creative word game that's definitely worth your time." — Nissa Campbell, toucharcade
- "7 Little Words strives to be a different word game in a genre cluttered with Scrabble and Boggle clones." — Bonnie Eisenman, 148Apps
- "I really enjoyed 7 Little Words…" — Erica Sadun, TUAW
- Aroostook businessman expands company out of home with hit mobile app 7 Little Words Bangor Daily News, May 25, 2012
- Blue Ox's puzzler 7 Little Words passes 3 million downloads, Android version generating 40% of its revenue PocketGamer.biz, October 14, 2011
- 7 Little Words an App Store smash from Aroostook County Bangor Daily News, June 17, 2011
- Blue Ox's 7 Little Words hits 1.4 million downloads in just over a month PocketGamer.biz, June 9, 2011
Blue Ox Technologies Ltd. is an independent studio that creates original family-oriented mobile apps and other entertainment products.
Blue Ox Technologies Ltd.